Technical Management Consultancy Limited (TMC), was founded in February 1995 to provide interim management and consultancy at senior manager level in technically based projects and companies. In 2004 a Psychology Division was added to the company following collaborative work on psychological attitudes to business and project risk.
Company staff and associates have worked in a wide range of industry sectors including; defence, nuclear energy, construction, mining, oil and gas, rail, Occupational Health, HR, the National Health Service, Civil Service, Law Firms and Local and National Government.
The company focuses on applying systems engineering and psychological principles to projects and businesses through the disciplines of Programme Management, Risk Management, Change Management and Requirements Engineering.
The Psychology Division also undertakes neuropsychological Testing, Psychometric Testing, Job Retention, Vocational Guidance and Rehabilitation including Mental Health, Brain Injury, Specific Learning Difficulties, Legal work (earnings loss adjustment / industrial tribunals), work place and Further Education adjustments / support requirements. Team Building, Personality Profiling and Recruitment Assessment Centre work are offered.
Clients have included the UK Ministry of Defence, the UK National Audit Office, Kingsfield Consulting,Western European Union, European Commission, Systems Engineering & Assessment, Strachan & Henshaw, CAE Invertron, Saab Training Systems (Sweden), GEC Marconi, BAE Systems, the NHS, Infraco SSL, Metronet Rail, EADS, Astrium, Kumtor Operating Company, Angel Mining, Plymouth/Bristol/Bath/Dorchester/Bournemouth City Councils, Warwick Management Group, Atomic Weapons Establishment, Thistle Hotels, Rail Mail, Sainsbury Distribution, SO Crime Agency
The board of directors
Andrew Moore, BSc (Eng) Hons (London), MSc (Systems Engineering), CEng, MIEE.
Requirements and Systems Engineering, Programme & Risk Management
Company Secretary and Consultant:
Denise Moore, BSc Hons (Psychology),
MSc (Psychology of Health & Mental Performance) (Bristol),
MSc Occupational Psychology (Birkbeck, University of London),
Full Practitioner Member of the Division of Occupational Psychology,
Member of the Division of Health Psychology
Chartered Occupational Psychologist. AFBPsS
Health Professional Council (HPC) Registered Psychologist
Occupational and Employment Specialist.
Further details of the TMC Board and other Consultants can be found here.
- The Four-Phase Risk Model. (PDF 178Kb) Richard Watson. July 2012
- Understanding Sponsorship & its Role. (PDF 242Kb) Richard Watson. October 2011
- Risk Reduction by Better Comunication. (PDF 166Kb) Richard Watson. Presented 14/15th Nov 2011 at ProjectZone NORDIC 2011
- Psychogenic Amnesia - a suitable case for employment? Moore D (2007). Journal of Occupational Psychology, Employment and Disability Vol 9.1 pp.52-58. DWP.
- Organisational Values in a large Public Sector Organisation Denise Moore Internal Public sector research paper
- Why Manage Risk? ... Fire-fighting's Fun (PDF 104Kb) Richard Watson, Denise Moore and Andrew Moore. October 2004. 7th Annual Risk Conference.
- Using Cause-Effect analysis to improve the Management, Control & reporting of Risk. (PDF 131Kb) Andrew Moore.
- Sound Principles properly applied really do bring project success. (Powerpoint 2Mb) Alec Fearon CEng FIEE.
- Listening ..... to what isn't said Richard Watson
Last Site Update: August 2012
Site design by: Simon Moore